The end came upon us like a thief.
And left with an equally light tread.
It caught us unaware; it caught us asleep.
The light of the sun came creeping
Upon our sleeping forms.
It gently stirred the darkness away
The new day was equally bright.
Just like the many previous ones;
The same yellow glow spreading
From the Eastern shore
And slowly enveloping the entire
Nothing had changed.
And yet, there was a little
Resonance which pushed
The trajectory of the stars
Into the realms of Heaven.
The Sun’s glow, though the same
In measure, warmed the
Earth a little quicker.
The winds billowed just the same,
But there was a tenderness anew.
The sea, the moon, the very fabric
Of the dreamy picture perfect
world had changed in a blink
Of an eye.
The change was within.
The last year sped past us. It’s true that our blog wasn’t a hub of activities like last year. It should be back on track now. We did have some great reviews posted and some very very awesome books read. Reviews for them will follow as and when our respective timelines allow us to.
Till then, just look at us go crazy with our list of books read below:
- Wild Storm by Richard Castle – ★★
- A Brewing Storm by Richard Castle – ★★
- A Bloody Storm by Richard Castle – ★★
- The God of small things by Arundhati Roy – ★★★★
- A Raging Storm by Richard Storm – ★★
- Storm Front by Richard Castle – ★★
- Circle of Reason by Amitav Ghosh – ★★★★
- The shadow lines by Amitav Ghosh – ★★★★★
- Narcopolis by Jeet Thayil – ★★★★
- Of mice and men by John Steinbeck – ★★★★★
- The Unwanted Shadow by Bhaskaryya Deka – ★★
- Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre – ★★
- The Great Pursuit by Tom Sharpe – ★★
- Train to Pakistan by Khushwant Singh – ★★★
- World’s best boyfriend by Durjoy Dutta – ★
- Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie – ★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone by J. K. Rowling – ★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling – ★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling – ★★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling – ★★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Order of the phoenix by J. K. Rowling – ★★★★★
- The adventure of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain – ★★★
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling – ★★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling – ★★★★★
- One day in the life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn – ★★★★
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson – ★★★★
- The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson – ★★★★★
- Ice Station Zebra by Alistair MaClean – ★★★
- The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson – ★★★★★
- Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse – ★★★★★
- One flew over the cuckoo’s nest by Ken Kasey – ★★★★★
- Hopes and Prospects by Noam Chomsky – ★★★★
- Driving Heat by Richard Castle – ★★
- Duskland by J M Coetzee – ★★★
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck – ★★★★★
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera – ★★★★★
- Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed – ★★★★★
- The Architect’s Apprentice by Elif Shafak – ★★
- On Grief and Reason: Essays by Joseph Brodsky – ★★★★★
- Paper Towns by John Green – ★★★
- The Class by Erich Segal – ★★★
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert – ★★★
Yes, there are a lot that I re-read. I was hospitalised for a week and was on bed rest for another 3, so I had little else to do. Isn’t Harry Potter the obvious choice?
It was a busy year. We look forward to a busier one.