One of the greatest poets, ever, in my opinion, and many of you may agree, Robert Frost said,
“A poem begins with a lump in the throat; a homesickness or a lovesickness. It is a reaching-out toward expression; an effort to find fulfillment. A complete poem is one where an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.”
Poetry, is the most beautiful form of expression after a heartfelt silent-prayer. While the world celebrates World Poetry Day today, as declared by UNESCO, we at Bookhad want to share two of our favourite poems with you. We hope that they will touch your hearts like they have touched ours, and maybe, make you write one yourself. After all,
“A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom. ”
A poem of love,
of purple moors
and of a heart toss.
A poem of ribbons
a poem of a love bare
Once there was a highway man;
A highwayman who is still there.
A poem of the wind,
And of tired feet.
Of broken hearts,
And of warm grass.
Of rabbits, of corn,
And the thrushes’ song.
Of the blue sky,
And the nostalgia it brings.
Bookhad Wishes You A Happy Poetry Day!
- UNESCO’s Article on World Poetry Day
- World Poetry Day (kipmcgrathmallorca.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Bengali Poem “Where the Mind Is Without Fear” By Rabindranath Tagore – On World Poetry Day! (deodatusblog.wordpress.com)
- World Poetry Day: The Yearning – by Adam Cooper (theleadersdigest.me)
- World Poetry Day (jilllondon.wordpress.com)